Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Walking for Wellness: 400-miles & 90%

I have  walked over 440 miles since July 18 to train for the 60-mile 3-Day Susan G. Komen walk in Phoenix next month with thousands of other walkers. Every participant raises funds while raising awareness about breast cancer. Net proceeds from the 3-Day are invested in breast cancer research and community programs.

More daunting than the 60 miles is the $2300 I must raise by Nov. 5th in order to be able to participate in the walk. I am currently at 90%, having raised $2080. Hooray! But not quite there....  If you would like to learn more about the event and how to support me and the cause, you can go to my personal page: http://www.the3day.org/goto/andipenner  Please donate, if you haven't done so already. Any affordable amount would be greatly appreciated.



2 comments:

  1. So proud of you, mom. Wish I could be there to walk with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to know where you will be staying in Phoenix, and can I offer you shelter?

    ReplyDelete